March 31, 2015
Dear CEU Community,
the Human RightS Initiative (HRSI) is pleased to announce the expansion of its Tutoring Program to a third school - our new partner, the Imre Madach Secondary School is glad to welcome dedicated, responsible and prompt volunteers for the following options:
1) Conversations/Presentations in English - similar to sessions in the Anyos Jedlik Secondary School, you can attend a 45-minute class and talk about your fields of study and research, interests & hobbies, the university experience and various other topics. All members of the CEU community are strongly welcome to participate!
2) English Coaching Program - you can participate in 10th and 11th graders' English classes, the emphasis here is more on developing verbal skills, grammar and vocabulary. Also open to all members of the CEU community, but in this case, preference will be given to native speakers.
3) Spanish Tutoring Program/Hispanic Studies Program - a group of students studying Spanish and another group focusing specifically on Hispanic Culture also welcome volunteers to chat or hold short presentations about various topics. Open to Spanish-speaking members of the CEU community!
A few reminders:
- It is possible to participate in only one or two sessions.
- We welcome students, faculty, staff, alumni as well as members of the greater CEU community so feel free to forward the call and spread the word.
- This school is located a few minutes walk from Blaha Lujza tér, relatively close to CEU.
Don't forget that we already have several ongoing forms of cooperation, so feel free to contact us about these as well:
- English Coaching Program with Miklos Zrinyi Elementary School (open for all)
- Social Sensitivity Training with Miklos Zrinyi Elementary School (open to HU-speakers)
- Conversations/Presentations in English with Ányos Jedlik Secondary School (open to all but preference given to native speakers)
In case you are interested in any volunteering opportunity, send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org until 7 April 5 PM. You can also contact us with any questions at the same addresses or in our office located at Oktober 6. no 7. (SPP building) 4th floor, room 419/A.