CALL FOR PART-TIME INTERNSHIP – SPANISH SPEAKER VOLUNTEER FOR LATIN-AMERICAN ACADEMIC PROJECT
The Refugee Law Reader (www.refugeelawreader.org) is one of the flagship projects of the Hungarian Helsinki Committee (HHC), a leading human rights NGO in Hungary and Central Europe. The project aims at promoting refugee law education all around the world, with particular emphasis on Latin America, the CIS and the Maghreb region. Thanks to this project, several universities started teaching refugee law and related studies in recent years, directly contributing to improving protection standards in these regions in crucial times.
The HHC and the Refugee Law Reader are looking for a part-time, volunteer based in Budapest, who would assist the technical development of the Reader website, would support the on-going creation and the launch of a regionally focused online academic review specialized in refugee law and forced migration (in Spanish and Portuguese) and would support the organization of a Latin American academic event to be held in November 2017. The internship would initially last for 4 months, with a possible prolongation. Volunteers would be requested to dedicate 2-5 hours of their time per week to this task, with high flexibility. Most of the work would be carried out remotely (online), with occasional visits to the HHC office in Budapest.
What we require:
- Punctuality, reliability
- Fluency in English
- Native speaker-level fluency, in writing and speaking in Spanish
- Familiarity with academic writing and citation standards, both in English and Spanish
- Basic IT literacy, good ability to use Microsoft Office applications and websites
What we offer:
- A certificate of internship or professional practice after the successful completion of the 4-month period
- Possibility to get in personal contact with emerging academic networks and various professors and researchers in Latin America (which may boost future career opportunities)
- Participation in a successful, multiregional initiative with a positive impact on refugee protection in crucial times
- Eventual possibilities to participate in the HHC’s training or other professional activities
Send your application to email@example.com (with your CV attached and a short motivation letter, explaining why you are interested in this initiative), marking “Refugee Law Reader volunteer - Spanish” in the subject line.