CEU's Community Engagement Office welcomes applications for their Learn & Engage program second time this Academic Year 2020-21.
We are re-launching the call this spring hoping that there will be more opportunity to realize in-person, outdoor civic engagement activities, to be carried out until July 31, 2021.
Projects already funded by the autumn round Learn and Engage Program are not eligible to re-apply.
Description of the Program
CEU's Community Engagement Office welcomes applications for their Learn & Engage program. The program provides consultation, training and resources to support CEU community members (student, staff, faculty) in designing, developing, and delivering their own civic engagement projects.
Members of the community are encouraged to bring their own project ideas to bring about change to people in need in Hungary and in Austria.
Projects in the start-up phase, requiring financial support can also apply for small funding of up to 1,000 EUR.
The Learn & Engage Program provides an opportunity for members of the CEU community to apply their knowledge in practical endeavors. It also aims to offer support for building open and democratic societies that respect all human rights and human dignity.
Application is open to members of the community placed both in Hungary and Austria, but please keep in mind that the project should be realized in the country where you actually are. Travel reimbursement between Hungary and Austria is not applicable.
Structure of the Program
- The program has one application cycle.
- A Selection Committee (Program Operators, 1 Faculty member, 1 Staff member, 1 Student Union representative) decides on the applications.
- Upon being selected for the program, workshops on various project management related topics and consultations will be provided to the participants.
- Program participants are expected to participate in at least one out of five workshops, organized by HRSI, during the academic year.
- A narrative report, including photos and/or videos of the activities, are to be submitted upon the completion of the project.
- If applicable, a financial report will also be required.
- The submitted project proposals should meet the following criteria:
- Applications can be submitted individually, or as a group, but each project should have one project owner.
- The purposes of the project align with CEU’s mission and values and/or support its activities.
- The project and the planned activities are based on real community needs and seek to affect change in the life of Hungarian or Austrian people.
- The project has potential to achieve long-lasting results in the area addressed.
- For projects requesting financial support, the budget should be realistic and reflect the planned activities.
- No political initiatives will be accepted for consideration.
- Existing and already running projects can also apply.
In addition to the criteria mentioned above, projects with the following aspects are preferred:
- Projects building on strong partnerships with local communities.
- Projects showcasing innovative and creative methods in their implementation.
- Projects building on experience from similar previous activities/projects.
- Projects collaborating and strengthening partnerships with NGOs or institutions outside of CEU
The maximum amount of funding available per project is 1,000 EUR. The following types of costs can be accounted for:
- Direct costs related to the realization of the project activities (materials, services, meals and accommodation of project beneficiaries, etc.)
- Reimbursement of expenses of the project team related to the realization of project activities (travel, meals, accommodation, etc.)
Please note that personnel costs (e.g. salary) cannot be covered from the funding.
Projects will be reimbursed, conditional upon submission of necessary invoices. Guidance on exact submission procedures will be given by the Community Engagement Office.
- Application procedure and deadline
The following documents should be provided when submitting the application:
Application form is available here: https://bit.ly/3dYSG3w
The document can be submitted online, submitting hard copies is not required.
The deadline for submitting the applications is May 16, 2021
Late submissions and incomplete forms will not be considered.
Applicants will be notified about the results of their applications within 15 days after the deadline via email.
Please contact us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.